• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

lifetime warrenty

minneman

Question

17 years ago my wife bought me a am/fm cassette player (fultron) from a napa store for $129.00. it had the nobs instead of the touch pads common nowdays, well, since the first one blew I was wondering if they would honor the warenty. since the first one bought, we have recieved 4 more. each of the radios had a problem in a few years and since we had the paper work saying lifetime warrenty they would send us a new one. the last 2 had the detachable faces and pretty nice too.

well the latest one fried and the wife called the company to see what the next step was. (each time a bit diff) they said they no longer make radios, but, we'll give you $200 and a catalog of our current items to chose from. what a deal! the gift that almost kept on giving finaly came to an end.

I would say she got her moneys worth out of that deal!!

2 answers to this question

Here is another tremendous warranty. A few years ago, I purchased an ON TIME DEER FEEDER (Elite Model). 2 years later, while filling it, it fell onto the feeding mechanism. The cone area pierced thru the electronics. It was destroyed. I called the company (sheepishly) and the representative said "No problem" send it in and we will fix it. I was amazed. For the cost of shipping, I received a new one.

Any other good warranties out there?

[This message has been edited by davev (edited 06-04-2003).]