• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Backwater Eddy’s Mystery Critter GB Casserole

Backwater Eddy’s Mystery Critter and Green Bean Casserole

2 pkgs. frozen green beans, thawed, (10 ounce each)

3/4 cup milk

1 can cream of mushroom soup

salt and pepper, to taste Dust/rub meat of choice lightly with Lemon pepper

1 1/2 cups French-Fried onions

1 or two pheasant breasts cut into ¾” slivers

(For a change you can use Duck, Goose, Butterflied Partridge breasts, …whatever is the game of the day…Cottontail Rabbit, venison, or squirrel is very good too, but lightly brown first.)

Add a handful of dehydrated mushrooms on top if you have some handy.

In a greased 1 1/2-quart casserole, combine all ingredients except 3/4 cup of French-fried onions.

Layer in pheasant strips, or whatever critter you bagged.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 30-40 minutes.

Top with remaining French-fried onions. Bake 5 minutes, or until onions are golden.

Serves 6. Or 3, or 1...if you eat like a pig… like me. grin.gif

Yup a twist on a classic holiday dish. I love it!

Ya know...fish works too. Like catfish. Doug Stange recommended I try it with pike, might just try that? Maybe sprinkle on a shot of dill weed too?

It also cooks up well in a crock pot so it may be a handy deal at deer or fish camp to try.

Backwater ED-- wondering if you know a guy from Hoarce by the name of Todd Ellig. He rifle hunts deer with myself 10 miles south of Leonard, down by the sheyenne river and old 4-H camp.

Ed, sorry for delay, was in North Dakota Deer hunting with Todd. He said he thought he knew you, but wasnt sure.deer hunting in ND was great again this year down by the Sheyenne river and grasslands.