• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Ice House

dogman

A buddy and I are looking at building our first ice house. We are looking at the 6 X 10 range. Does anyone have a good floor plan or any pointers on what to put in it or to leave out? We already have a trailer to put it on (8' x 10'). Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, in advance.

IMO, I would make it as big as you can. Nothing worse than sitting on the lake wishing you had just a little more room. A couple of friends and I, are in the process of getting plans together to build one that is also going to be riding on a 8x10 trailer, we made the floor just wide enough leave approximately 1 inch on either side. I'd hate to go through the work and find out...maybe we should've went just a little bigger. still working out the floor details. came down to 8 holes ( extra space for door and heater.)

good luck. keep us posted.