• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

benelli super black eagle 2

Was thinking bout getting one for this week-ends opener. Is it worth the money? Anyone have any experience with a SBE II? Thinking bout getting the mercury recoil reducer also. Any thoughts?

It is definately worth the money if you buy it in the right place. With the new SBE 2 you won't need the mercury recoil reducer. It has a new recoil reduction system in the stock that has reduced the recoil by about 30%. H & H Sport Shop in Maple Lake is selling the black for around $1149.00 and the camo one for around $1269.00. Call em at 320-963-3818 and ask for me.

Jess Kline

I have the sbeII . I don't think you can use a recoil reducer in the SBE II due to the new stock design (there are rubber inserts to absorb recoil).

I don't think it reduced the recoil by 30% over the SBE as advertised. (It never bothered be anyways). I wanted a new gun, I got the camo model, and it has preformed flawlessly.

I tried to buy the super black eagle 2 with a rifled barrel and they don't have it. Everywhere I called, they only have the duck guns confused.gif

Any suggestions?

A slug barrel for an SBE will cost you darn near as much as a softer shooting, lower recoil 1100 slug gun will. The whole darn gun!

SBE is a wonderfully durable waterfowler for those typically wet, dirty muddy outings, but I'll still take a gas gun. Especially for slugs.

I don't collect barrels. I collect guns!

I agree with irvindog, get an 1100 or an 11-87 with a rifled slug barrel, I shoot one and love it, shoot the federal premium sabot's and it's dead nuts to 100 yards. The SBE2 is and awesome gun, but what the whole deal is gonna end up costing you, you could buy two seperate guns.