• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fishing close to Milwaukee

I will be moving to The Milwaukee area in the next year. I looked at the map and there are a good number of smaller lake to the west. Is this a good fishing area. How does it compare to other parts of the state. Is there a Wisconsin web site that Is similar to fishingmn.com Thanks AJ

My fiancee is from that area and we both like the area, good opportunities, good place to raise a family, and the most important warmer. Duluth climate is to cold for us. I will miss Minnesota, and maybe we will make it back this way in the future. I don't think the walleye fishing will come close but I bet the bass and muskie fishing will be just as good and panfish fishing maybe better. Just when I think I get to know that river, I figure out how much I don't know that river, it was to inconsistant for me. hard to pattern fish, here one day gone the next. The spring walleye run is fun though. It doesn't get much better then that. Decent bass lakes around Duluth and I think Granny and I were the only ones fishing them all year. Nobody fishs bass up here, I like to fish bass tournys and there are none to be found around here. Whats the scoop on the Fox river? It would of been nice to get out and fish with you maybe before iceup or on the ice. I won't be moving at least till Jan. smile.giffrown.gif