• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Four Brooks WMA

Hey Everyone,

I'm eventually going to call the DNR, but being on opposite schedules that might be a while. So in the mean time, can anyone tel me if Four Brooks WMA is open to pheasant hunting? I checked in the handbook under the special regulations section and all it says is that it is open to woodcock hunting. I'm not sure if that means you can ONLY hunt for woodcock or can you hunt everything and they were just clarifying because you couldn't hunt woodcock in previous years. Any help would be apprieciated.

Thanks,

schaapj

The area is open to pheasant hunting, but if I were you I would hit a different spot. The Four Brooks project is and has been a partnership between the Minnesota DNR and the Minnesota Field Trial association. This means that there are field trials of all kinds, pointer trials, retriever trials, horseback trials, beagle trials ect. pretty much year round. Most of these trials are held in the type of cover most suited for pheasant. Right when the area opened I used to see a few here and there, but haven't seen a wild bird in two or three years. There are some grouse and a lot of woodcock in there if you want to get some shooting in.