• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Late bite cats on the Red

Ed Carlson

Not sure how long it will last but the cats started to feed again since the Red jumped up due to the heavy rains to the South.

It is a slower bite but a bite none the less. For the last Ho-Raw of the cat season this may be it. It could get good? I have seen a late bite stimulated by late rains before and it is a lot like a early spring binge, it can be good.

My bet would be pools near or on dams, especially slower moving large backwaters. Sucker is likely a good bait as it is in the spring early. If you can get your hands on Tullibee, all the better. wink.gif

Worth checking out for the die-hard catters in need of a last fix of the season.

I did very well on the eye's today, rain and all. 1 over 9 and a bunch of hungry 3-7# Freshwater Drum gobblers. Pitching 5" Sassy Shads on jigs...THUMP!

Not much sniff'n of the bait when the walleye are eating 4-5" Drum by the handful. I hope this new rain does not mess up the bite!

Have you tried the Red Lake River Dam recently? Hit da tribs. wink.gif