• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ice scooper

gvg_uwec

I 1st saw one of these in the Northwest angle. Frank at Baystore Resort had made one at least 10 years ago. Worked great in the permanent shacks. Just put the slush in a 5 gallon pail and use it to bank the house in or whatever else you want to do with it. Keeps beverages ice cold. cool.gif I would get one if I had a Permanent house.

I saw a thing called a Slush Inhaler. It looked like a good idea. I had two hinged scoop halves that would fold up along the handle when pushed down the hole. Then when the scoop got down below the ice, the hinged scoop halves would open up. Then when you pulled the handle up it would pull all of the slush right up and out of the hole. Pretty slick.

Wow... I just found what you are talking about. I've never heard of one before. Do they really work??? How well? How do you think they would work for us poor bastards that don't fish out of a nice, warm shanty? I would think they would suffer from ice build up on those -0* mornings. I drill 50-75 holes every morning before setting up. If this gizmo saves me set up time, then I gotta get me one. Gotta be the first one on the block to have one cool.gif

I have one for an 8 inch hole, I am glad I bought it. It was said earlier put the slush into a 5 gallon pail and walla. I have never had a problem with ice build up. well at least that would hinder it. just push and lift up on the handle, it is easily freed. you'll get a coating of ice, but it'll still operate beautifully.

I just bought 2 yesterday. Gave 1 to my buddy for a late wedding present. His wife liked it because it is her job to scoop out the holes while hubby drills them. I've heard they work great- time will tell.

They work great and save a lot time if your drilling holes for your drop down ice shack. Problem with those holes is that they stay pretty much filled with slush because you can't use the same hole drilling technique used out in the open which produces virtually slush free holes. I would estimated you save at least 30 minutes of hand dipping slush time inside your six hole house. Time that could be spent fishing instead of slush removal.