• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

SW Mn Pheasants any reports

I have been hunting near Wilder and Heron Lake. Still lots of corn in the fields. Haven't seen many young and dumb birds so you may want get to between the birds roosting area and the nearest corn before shooting hours watch for birds flying into the corn then hunt the roosting area the last half hour of the day.

was out around the Barrett area today, should of went all the way to the Morris area, or even further south like I had planned, but got caught up in the, try closer to home thing first, athen wasted all kinds of time run around looking for Public land which I found, but nothing too hopeful and tons of corn. got the dog and myself out for some excercise anyway

I'm headed down to the Adrian / Ellsworth area in a couple weeks, all of my relatives live down there.

So far they've been reporting lots of corn, and a lot of birds seen, but not when they are walking. They said Early AM when they're hun hunting they've been seeing roosters everywhere.

It should be good soon, the farmers are giving it heck! wink.gif

Well went out Saturday morning near and around fulda area. Not a whole lot to report. 10 guys, 4 dogs, saw 3 birds, none in range of shooting.

Despite being very windy, very cold, and very rainy, it was a great day! lol

Hope others faired well. I hope to be out soon again.

Is my party the only party having luck in sw MN? 3 guys, we got 4 friday, 3 saturday and 1 this morning, saw a decent amount of birds. hunted from windom to slayton to worthington all public land. Allot of corn came out this week but still a good amount in the fields, out of the 8 we got 3 were second year birds. Most years we shoot maybe 3-5 second year birds a year but this year weve got 17 pheasents so far and 8 have been second year birds.