• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Only 3 Days left til gun Opener Now

Mr Special

I'm starting to get that dreamy daze. I went home for lunch and saw my orange out in the tree and I started imagining me in them looking at a big swamp buck stepping into my shooting lane..........

Ya, I know the feeling. I feel like I'm starting the rut, just like a buck! Throwing caution to the wind, driving thru stop signs, being nice to all the ladies, got a silly look on my face. And I've been hunting for over 30 years. I can relate to the apprehension just like everyone else! What a feeling that I hope never goes away!! The countdown is on!

Well you know what they say. If those feelings of weak knees, light headed, and giddy as a school girl on prom night go away, then you might as well stop hunting. Yeh this year is worst for me I think, because I didn't do any bow hunting like usual. Have a 4 month old that requires most of my time now, but give her a few more years and she'll be in that stand with me Can't wait. Sorry for rambling, but it seems to help.

Good luck everyone this season, there's lots of deer for us.

This will be my first year deer hunting. I'm a little aprehensive but also very excited to learn what all the hoopla is about. I imagine it will be in my system and this will become an annual trip for me!!

Melon,

Welcome to the club. The best part for most is not actually bagging a deer, but the evening after opener with the buds. If I had a penny for every time I heard "man, you should've saw etc...." I would be a rich man.

Good luck and if you have any ?? I'll be more then happy to help.

***Note: Not in Expert by any means, but willing to help if I can***

bbj,

You're a lucky man. I could only dream of that much deer hunting.

Oh, and you anyone notice no matter how early, or how much time you spend on getting ready, you still will always forget something.

Good luck

Can't wait for the next two weeks to go by! Deer hunting is the best seven days of the year for me. It's the time alone in the woods, the challenge, the stories of past hunts that never get old re-telling, the intersting things you see, the things you continue to learn. It's much more than antler size and meat.

Special,

I think that you do circles in your cubical anyway. I will remember to stay out of the break room when your in there as well. I can't wait until I can crawl up into my cozy little stand in the woods !!

"hooks"

FnH,

"Why I otta, to the Moon"

Don't you mean that treehouse in the woods. That thing must have a bathroom. But, I tell you it was our friend Bucky, he's back in town. Hopefully he will take my offer and go to deer camp with me.

Good luck also

Mine really does have a mailbox. When we built our new house we decided to get a new mailbox, what else do you do with the old one? It's a lot funnier by my stand than it would be laying in the landfill.

One of the Old timers in my group, god rest his sole, had a telephone mounted in his stand as a joke. He may be gone but the phone is still there, and gets brought up every year. Some say that they have heard it ring during deer hunting season.

"hooks"

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. DEER DEER DEER DEER DEER DEER DEER DEER DEER DEER DEER DEER DEER DEER DEER DEER DEER DEER.

My uncle saw a 12 point in my feild on wednesday. sounds good to me. i also know of a last years 6,4,14,and 10 point. can only guess what they are this year. gets the blood boiling