• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Are you ready?

Lost

Well, I just put together my Scout yesterday in the livingroom and sat in it for about 30 minutes with an ice rod, bobber, jig, and bucket of water with a few ice cubes and one of my goldfish in it. Never did get the fish to bite the hook. Maybe bait would have helped. LOL.

Anyway, I'm ready and willing! Just gotta get the portable licensed so I can use it. But most of my ice fishing last year was without a shelter. Anyway, I'm ready to go!

Anybody else?

NO not yet

I've got to go through my fishhouses otter, 4x6 portable, 6x8, 8x12, 8x10, 8x16. then I'll almost be ready

Ecept this yr I'm going to build another 8-6x20 I have all materials just need to get laid off so can build ity in time for ice.

i'm ready. about 2 weeks ago i sprayed down the portable, let it dry, sat in it for an hour and dreamed of what might be on the other end of the line.

looked over all the equipment too, just about ready to fire up the auger to inhale some fumes to really get the heart pumpin.

also have played around with the glow lures, just watchin them glow inside the shack.

won't be long now, keep prayin' for ice everyone!! grin.gif

I was born ready! Not really, I was naked and kinda wrinkled up, did'nt have the proper cold weather gear...Ortiz just got a homer...homers!

I keep my stuff pretty much ready all year long, it sits in the shed and waits...Vex is in it's standard place in the basement, waiting to be charged and turned loose. I patched the lantern burn holes in my portable in August, all I need is ice and I'm ready to rock!

Lost,

Glad to her your on top of the game. I put together a new double wide Polar plortable of some sort for my brother last week. As far as myself being ready I want to try and make it through deer season first. I like the idea from one of the posts about starting up the auger but I think I should finish putting my boat away first. Now that I sit here typing this post and thinking about the amount of work I still have to do I guess I have to come to grips with the fact that I'm not ready shocked.gif. I better get busy.

Take care, Tom (BD110)

Cant say I am. When Ice gets here (hopefully later than sooner) I will get excited. I just love the freedom of being in a boat. To each his own though. The one part I'm sure that we all like to do is go through and sort all of our jigs. Then go out and see what's new and wait for ice season to kick off and see what works.

Just a reminder that taking out your old gas and putting in new is a good idea. This could save you some frustration when your out on the ice. It also is nice for the other fishermen around you to not hear all the cussing about the problem auger.

Any other good tips that we should all look at while waiting for ice?

Corey Bechtold

thats some good stuff rick !

i will say as of yet, no treatment for the jones' has shown to be effective.......every time i walk by my ice rod case in the closet i want to rip them out and fiddle with them.............and you can only fire up the auger so many times before the other tenants at the apartment begin to think your nuts.. grin.gif

Nope....Looks like it's going to be a mad rush like every other year. Leaders to tie, reels to spool, etc. Moving to a new house did not help the situation any. It did get me closer to the lake. grin.gif I'll be saving about an hour and twenty minutes travel each trip.