• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Zercom LCF-40 question

Question

Fellas, it's time for a new Liquid Crystal Graph. (My Eagle Ultra Classic bit the dust.) Any suggestions on what model wouldn't interfere with the LCF-40. I couldn't run both units without a ton of interfence on both. Quality of the LCG isn't that important to me as I rely more on the Zercom. Any feedback would be appreciated.

4 answers to this question

Why don't you just buy a GPS with a plotter feature?

If you're using the Flasher to locate your depth and fish, run the GPS in plotter-mode so you can go back over the structure and fish you mark on the flasher, save waypoints, etc.

You'll never get any interference from the flasher and GPS running at the sale time grin.gif

------------------
Chells

chells, I like to have the LCR on to back up the info that I'm seeing on the flasher. It works great on my friends boat.

No problem,it's really a matter of personal preference, as you know.

I use my LCF40 and LMS350A as I described and it works for me.

I hate to sound like a "stuck record" on the graph Icon issue, but I don't trust a graph to do anything beyond what it is programmed to do--and that is to provide a "picture" of what it is programmed to show, which are icons of "Fish" and some bottom structure.
With accuracy that questionable, I won't spend money on a graph.

I've been using my camera when I see fish on my flasher and I'm not sure what they are, but active Walleyes are typically 1-3 ft. off the bottom when active and they show up great on the flasher grin.gif

------------------
Chells