• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Do you have Boat cover information?

Fish On! Guide Service

Question

I'm looking to purchase a boat cover for a 2004 16.5 ft, tiller model Alumacraft Yukon. I honestly have no clue regarding what material is best suited for my paticular needs. I've looked into the snap-on style covers, but at $400, I think I'll pass unless I can be convinced that these are the way to go. I'm looking for durability, trailer-ability, ease of use, etc etc.

I'm looking at spending roughly $200 if this helps.

Pro's and con's of materials used? Personal experiences? Price? Ruggedness? Suggested manufacturers and those I should stay clear of? ALL OPINIONS ARE WELCOMED!

Thanks in advance,

Stephen

6 answers to this question

A little advice on boat covers. You get what you pay for!

I've had 2 custom covers built for 2 different boats, and I've gone the cheap way of spending $100 on a cover, and what a waste of money.

I had a vinyl-like cover on one boat and it was extremely heavy duty and about $350-400 custom built by TRS in Fargo.

Shoremaster Fabric custom built a cover my current boat (since I live nearby) and I know you can order a cover for your Yukon boat online for probably around your budget?? Go to boatcovers dot com and check it out.

Ifalls the only time I use my boat cover is if Im going on a long trip like to Canada or if I know Im traveling a dirt road.

Check out Jay Soderbloom at www.soderbloom.com He and his wife do a ton of custom canvas and other materials. Ive seen them redo boat seats, dock covers and ice tents. Im sure he can do it at a nice price as well. Tell him I sent ya. Check out his site and you will see a some of what they do. One of the nicest people I have ever worked with!!

They are by Cromwell MN.