• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Yamaha 60hp 4stroke

idratherbefishing

Question

3 answers to this question

In the Yamaha owners manual I have for the 75 to 90hp range the full throttle operating range is listed 5,000 to 6,000 rpm .

Under propeller selection in the same manual it states " At full throttle and under a maximum load , the engines RPM should be in the upper half of the full throttle operating range as listed in the spec's .

That would be 5500 to 6000 RPM for a 75 to 90 HP four stroke . According to Yamaha's web page the specs are the same for your outboard .

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/products/subcatspecs.asp?lid=5&lc=otb&cid=19&scid=2&but=6&year=2003&cat=Four+Stroke+Series&scat=Midrange

I have a Yamaha F60. The full throttle for this motor is 5000-6000rpm. The motor produces 60HP at 5500RPM. You want to select a prop that gets you to at least 5500 rpm, but not more than 6000.

If you have your boat fully equipped (anchor, batteries, tackle, gas, etc.) and you are getting to 6000rpm, you might consider moving up a pitch in prop. This should lower the rpm by a few hundred. You'll probably get better overall performance.

When I first tested my boat, I didn't have my bow mount, second battery, anchor, fishing gear, etc. At that time I could also hit 6000 trimmed out. But by the time I added all the gear, a full tank of gas, etc. the rpm lowered to about 5600 trimmed out. I'll glad I stuck with the original prop.