• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vexilar vs Marcum?!?!

IcEaHoLiC

Spin,

Either of the units will work just find. They all have the same depth controls I believe. The benefit of the 18 and 3 are that you have a few more features to use like the zooms on both models. The Lx3 like mentioned you can adjust to zoom on any spot in the water column were as the FL18 is just the bottom 6 feet. That is one of the biggest draws for most of us that use the LX 3. I know that that is why I bought that particular unit instead of the 18. The 18 does have a bottom lock feature that several guys like when they are using it on a boat. It really isn't useful in the ice fishing application though. Other than the zoom feature they are all about the same. So if you feel that you wouldn't use the zoom then you would be fine with the 1 or 8. However I would look into the zoom models because you will use those more than you think. I never use my LX3 without the zoom even if I am in shallow water. The zoom window has better separation than in the standard window. Good luck with the decision they are all good units you just need to decide how you want to use it.

Well I believe that the Lx-3 is the winner. I will be stopping to put one on lay away today, seeing as I don't think I'll need it for awhile {also so I can come up with a good excuse as to why I need another one, I wonder if I could give it to her as a early xmas present? Nah I used that one this summer on the new rod and reel}. Time to retire the Colorpoint, that will make 3 on the shelf the colorpoint, silent sixty, and the green box, they all worked great in there time in fact they all still work. Thanks for all the info. Good luck