• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rod eye repair

kslipsinker

Question

Does anyone know where I can get an eyelet replaced on a bait casting rod? I would prefer a location in the south metro of there is one. Another question, have any idea how much this might run me?

2 answers to this question

I would just buy a new guide at an outdoors super store and replace the old one. It only takes a few minutes. Lately I have had more time on my hands and have replaced broken guides on several of my old rods.
God lyk!
JC

[This message has been edited by Blackstarluver (edited 05-22-2003).]

Is it the tip top? If it is, it is only held in place with a melt stick type glue and are easily replace by yourself, by heating the tip top and sliding it off and melting some glue into the new one and sliding it on. If it is a lower guide it will need to be cut off and re wrapped. If you have no confidence that you can do that yourself contact a local bait shop they would probably know someone who does rod repair.