• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

mudslinger64

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dr. Bob,

The site I posted a few posts ago has a resize button but I have not used it.

27lb.jpg

Looks like the photo posting works also. On the site I mentioned you can just copy the address and it has the %7Boption%7D brackets already around it. Seem pretty user friendly.

Granny

Dr. Bob,

If you use the site I mentioned, go to the resize tab and after you select the picture you want to change make the numbers on the right hand side to read 100/100 or smaller then hit resize. Then when you view your pictures copy the top address that starts with http. and past it into your avatar URL spot. Let me know if you need anything else. If you still cant get it to work send me an email with your site name and password and I will try it out. (LSW2002 at AOL dot COM)

Granny

I was trying to use a photo of my dog as an avatar, but I kept getting the same message.

I downloaded a freeware called IrfanView. I opened the photo in IrfanView and resized it from 322x487 to 65x89.

Very easy to use and as you can see it worked.

test...

It worked!! Now I just have to resize so it isn't stretching me out wider than i already am grin.gif

OK- Just a heads up to others. Shutterfly didn't work for me either. I have used Shutterfly to post images in the past but it doesn't work for the avatar. As suggested earlier in the thread, I tried Ofoto and that works fine. Just crop & resize your image to 100x100 pixels and upload it to your image hosting site. Right click on your image, copy the URL address under the properties, and paste it in My Home where it asks for your avatar address. No need to put %7Boption%7D brackets around it. Just paste as is. http://www.etc.etc.etc.jpg The avatar will preview for you under My Home and it should work fine after that.

Granny-

Hmmm. I can see it. When I first posted it, it was a box with an X. I returned to the page and it was there. Some of my other posts have it showing up there too. Let me know if it still doesn't show up and I'll just switch photo hosts.

Hanson,

I still can't see it, but not sure about anyone else. Maybe its just me. I think this came up with another host site before also. The person posting the picture could see it but thats all.

Good luck,

Granny

ChuckN,

Click the tab that says "Resize" on freeimagehost. It will then ask you which picture you would like to resize. On the right hand side it will show numbers like 830/550 or and combination of numbers. You need to reduce the size (%) so it reads 100/100 or smaller.

Granny

ChuckN-

I resized my photo before I uploaded it to the host site. I used Microsoft Office Picture Manager on my work computer. I would have used Adobe Photoshop but don't have that on my work computer confused.gif Just crop the photo so it looks relatively square and the image is centered how you want it. Then just resize it to 100x100 pixels. Then send it to the host site.