• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

sunflower heater

big_fish_guy

Question

I have the single burner heater, you know the kind that goes right on the lp tank. There is a little, thin copper line that is on the heater, not sure what it's for. Anyway, when I was putting my stuff up in storage, I noticed mine was crimped and cracked. So I am guessing it would leak and not work. Is this something that I can replace, or get a part for?
Do you know what I am talking about?

4 answers to this question

This is the thermal coupler. This keeps your gas line open once it warms up. If it fails you would have to hold the button in all the time just to keep it going. I've had to duct tape the button down on mine in a jam. 12$ should get you the part.

should any place that sells these heaters have replacement parts then? Are they a seasonal thing too, think I'd be able to get the part still? or should I go through manufacturer. I don't remember who makes them, is it coleman?