• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Minkota Maxxum question

Scoot

Question

Have the Maxxums changed much in the last three years? I don't have the universal sonar feature and I know that's a new option, but besides that, has anything changed as far as how they look or perform?
I have a 74 lb. thrust, 24 volt unit that has a 52" shaft- if I bought one today, would it be the same as one I would have bought three years ago?
Scoot

6 answers to this question

It's got a 52" cord. This is actually the reason I'm thinking of getting rid of it. I really like the unit, except for the fact that I'm stuck in the front of the boat for trolling. When bass and muskie fishing, no big deal, I actually like it that way. But, when I'm walleye fishing, I end up under the boat rather than over the back of it. Occasionally I hang up in a transducer too. Both of these tick me off! I'm thinking of swapping for a 65 lb. autopilot. Similar money. It seems to me that both units are good ones- just a matter of pros and cons for each.
Any other thoughts?
Scoot

Ive been lookin around a bit also. Was a bit afraid that the foot petal would not reach back as far as i would like. The same thing with motorguide units.