• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

High School Hockey

walleyefisher0990

White Bear definately blew it!! Both of the early games today were pretty slow, I wasn't too impressed. White Bear was nowhere near the team I saw against centennial. East played sloppy and Moorhead didn't dominate like they should have against Century. I am expecting a much faster paced game tonight between Jefferson and Holy Angels.

As for class A it looks like Warroad is going to be tough to beat.

Anyone watch todays class A championship? What a great game. Too bad someone had to lose it. Congrats to Warroad for another state title and an undefeated season. I hope tonights game will be just as exciting. You can't beat high school hockey tournament.

Something to keep in mind. The 1st place A team played and beat the second place AA team in the AA's home rink earlier this year. Can't help being stuck on the idea of how nice it would be to see only one state championship. I think Warroad we be up for the challenge.

You've got to respect Roseau for sticking with AA schools when they decided to split the classes up. I'm surprised Warroad didn't also go with the bigger schools.

I didn't follow much of the season prior to the tournament. Did Warroad play many of the bigger schools this year? If so, who did they play?

Just a dream here.. Wouldn't it be awesome if the "A" champ and "AA" champ met for a one game winner take all game? Each division would still be the Champ of their respective division, and we would have one great game to cap off the tourney. They could start the whole playoff rounds a few days earlier-say Monday instead of Wed. That would give the two champs a day off for rest before the big finale. What does everyone else think? I know, it will never happen, but wouldn't it be sweet?

Warroad played...

Osseo won 4-1 tie 3-3

Roseau 2 wins 7-2 and 3-1

Moorhead tie 1-1

Armstrong W 7-1

Eastview W 10-2

Bemidji W 10-4 & 10-0

Greenway W 10-1

St. Cloud Apollo W 7-2

total 9-0-2

i thought the A final game was better than the AA game because it went in like 2 over times .and did anyone else here that the spuds printed 05 state turny champ t-shirts befor the game was over?

The A championship game was fantastic! That was a heck of a matchup. I thought Moorhead was outcoached in the AA game. Holy Angels had a plan that Moorhead didn't adjust to. I know they still had 40 something shots but they gave up several goals off of neutral zone turnovers. That really cost them. I still believe that Moorhead was the better TEAM. They just missed their chance this year (and the past 5 years that they made it to the championship game for that matter). I didn't hear anything about the shirts though-that would be funny! It was still a fun game to watch though. ~Dan