• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

High School Hockey

walleyefisher0990

This season Centennial will have to contend with a very strong team coming out of Moorhead. Very stiff competition in the "AA" bracket once again. For single "A"(my opinion is as biased as you could ever get rolleyes.gif )but Warroad will have another great team this year, and I will be dissapointed with anything less then a third consecutive state tournament appearance. Breck should be good as well this season, as many other city teams will be. It's going to be a fun year to watch high school hockey at its finest!

[This message has been edited by fishingfrenzy (edited 06-28-2004).]

centennial lost some of there best players but theres many kid just comming into the highschool league that are excellent and in the years to come centennial will repeate what they did last hockey seasson DARE TO REPEAT yes they do
joe

Centennial. One of the player's family has a lake cabin a few doors down from my house. Have had the pleasure of meeting a number of the players over the years. Great group of kids! They will lose there best player to the select team next season but they still get my vote.

Crusher

if wheeler is coming back, breck will repeat as champion..... the kid is ridiculous...... most of the rest of their team is coming back, but without him, don't think they'd have much of a shot....

with him, they'd probably give most of the AA teams a run for their money....

Don’t forget about White Bear Lake! Centennial barely got passed White Bake Lake last year (some referred to that game as the State Tournament Championship Game) And WBL will only lose one player from that team from what I have heard. With all the strong Youth Hockey Players (State Champs for Bantam and PeeWee in 02-03 and #10 and #2 for 02-04 in the state rankings) coming up,. WBL will be a very strong program for the next four to six years!

Moorehead will always be strong. They have a great youth hockey program. They do not have parents jumping players to any other high school but Moorehead. And it's not only the Bantam teams that feed the High School program. Their U-16 and Junior Gold programs are also very strong, and players from these team are what feed the High School program.
Just ask Moorenville himself!

my favorite game to watch in last years state tourney was the cenntenial moorehead game. it was awesome. But breck won't be as hard to beat this year because wheeler's line mates are gone. it's gonna be hard for him to do it by himself. The team to watch this year is SBSACA (saint bernard's saint agnes concordia academy) we have some great players. We are gonna be the little team that could this year.

wheeler aint that good. played against him 2 years ago and he wasn't anything special. as for the class A title, i think whatever team comes out of 5A will win it. that section is by far the toughest in the state. As for who comes out of it, it's anybodies ball game, you got break, blake, bsm, totino, even park might make a run but they lost a lot of talent and numbers last year.

Quote:

Look for Duluth East to be back and a preseason favorite since Randolph was returned to coach. There's not much hope for the rest of the outstate teams.

I don't know, we aren't doing so hot right now. I'm not on the team (wish I was , darn this knee) but we lost to Centennial 5 to 3 with an open net goal. just to give a true Greyhound perspective.

Played Blake and Breck this year. they are about evenly matched but blake is a lot faster. even though Wheeler is gone they still have a great player by the name of Robbie Dee. blake's best player is a little whiner by the name of Jeremy Roberts. i crushed him and he went crying back to his bench. both teams are pretty cheap and they both are coddled babies. Blake, Breck, take the silver spoon out and play hockey.

amen to that lilbro. i graduated in 03 and played for St. louis park and back then they were the same way. i guess the money does that to ya (makes ya a pansy). we had the privaledge to beat blake twice my senior year, once in the championship game of their tourney and the other in the section championship. good times i tell ya, the look on there faces was great.

Was at the Centennial/Whitebear game last night...Whitebear won and will face Duluth East, don't know much about Duluth East this year but man, WBL looks mighty good, took it to Centennial and their no slouches, just had an off night...I think. Anyways, shaping up to be a good tourney this year.

I haven't seen Moorhead play this season but White Bear Lake is an impressive team. I pick White Bear from that side of the bracket and Jefferson from the other.

White Bear takes it all. I am going to the early games tomorrow, East vs. WBL and Spuds vs. Century. Should be some great hockey! I may change my picks after those games!!!

Anybody watch this afternoons games? What did you think of the announcer? I thought he (Terhaar) was not exciting at all. I miss hearing Shaver call the games. He has got to be the best in bringing excitement thru the tube in his play by play calls. Bob Kurtz and Andrew Brunnette will be calling the AA games I think.

St.Thomas Academy totally dominated. An 8th grader (forgot his name) had 4 points!! I think Lucia should keep an eye on this kid. He didn't play like an 8th grader. Talented and has speed. Warroad looked very strong. Have lots of offensive players. This match up between the Cadets and the Warriors should be really good Friday. I think the winner of this match probably will win Class A title.