• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Jr lose's points lead

Sifty

Just read on the Nascar web site that litte E was fined 10,000.00 and lost 25 point for foul langage in the post race interview.
I thought there was no way that Nascar would do anthing to there POSTER CHILD. Any thoughts.

Sifty

AS much as I hate to see him lose the points, NASCAR is following previous examples. They've fined other drivers and docked them 25 points for similar incidents. It sucks that it had to happen right now, because it could end up costing him the championship, but if they didn't, you'd hear all the conspiracy people saying that they showed him favoritism...

I totally agree that NASCAR can't show favoritism and should follow previous penalties, but...docking points for a slip of the tongue? That is too excessive. It's one thing if people are caught cheating. Where is the competitive advantage is saying I don't give a S#@$! I am not the biggest Jr. fan, but if he loses the Championship because of this it is talk. They need to re-think what they are tryiing to accomplish. I like what Jr. said afterwards, "You know. I don't think anybody who is watching NASCAR was offended by what I said." I couldn't agree more, especially anybody watching NASCAR on a NFL Sunday.

HB

I have heard alot worse during a football game with all the mikes they have. I agree with the fine but taking away points for saying that is talk They are trying to control everything. Give a guy more than 30 sec to collect his thoughts and control his emotions before stickin the mike in his face. Can you image what you would here if you had every football player miked up after a great player a salior would blush!!!! Fine him but dont take away points. As of Today he is appealing but we all know NASCAR is never wrong and almost never over-turns anything. if this is what they want then they should have started this during GATOR-GATE. Now we can have NASCAR DECIEDE the champ by taking points whenever they want -5 for not metioning everyone of NASCAR's sponsers. Let the point be from on the Track incidents.