• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Eagle Fishmark 320

fishtrap3

Question

8 answers to this question

Fish,

The Eagle Fishmark 320 is an excellent unit. For under $200 you get a great 320x320 pixel screen and 10 levels of grayscale. Plus you get the built in water temp and an excellent unit. It is different than the X87 but not by much. The X87 has a digital flasher screen and that is pretty much the $80 difference to me. I don't use a digital flasher so it didn't make much sense to get one. I have a fishmark 320 though and I love it.

Good Luck smile.gif
Chev

I also bought the fishmark 320 and really like it so far. I'm no graph expert, but it shows a lot of detail. It beats the hell out of the old eagle portable I used to have. Seems like a good buy to me.

I also bought the Fishmark 320. I have only used it a few times, but so far it has worked flawlessly. Great detail, easy to read, great price. The only difference between the X-87 and the 320 is the flasher mode and the color.

Great sonar, I am very happy. Don't go for the speed sensor, get a handheld GPS, they are much, much more accurate. Just get the standard $ 199 w, temp.

Thanks for the replys

Hey valv did the guys in the red car find your house yesterday (thursday)? They stoped at my place first. As a matter of fact that would be the third person I have told how to get to your place in about a year. Maybe I should get a cut from what if any thing they bought from you.. LOL

I was recommending the Eagle 320 due to my previous experience with the Eagle Accura 240. Lots of people seemed to buy it based on my recommendation. Then I took it out for the first time and the thing went black after about 2 hours of fishing. Unit had power but wouldn't show anything.

I thought great, here I have been bragging about the unit and it fails on me first time out. Sent it back and got a replacement unit and all is well. Graph does a very good job. Had it sitting right beside my FL-18 to compare and it did a very good job on bottom seperation compared to my previous graphs. Overall a very good graph and a steal at $199. I still recommend highly.

The fishtrap 320 is the EXACT same unit as the X87. The one exception is what an earlier post stated...The X87 has a flasher feature included.

The Eagle units are made in the SAME factory as the Lowrance units! They just don't carry the Lowrance name on them. Eagle primarily serves the portion of the sonar market that targets users that only are looking for average to below average featured units. This is not to say they are bad sonars, just not the high end business that Lowrance primarily targets.

The fishfinder 320, three years ago, would have been considered a "high-end" sonar for your average to above average inland fisherman (or fisherperson).

A big fundamental difference between the 320 and the X87 is the gold vs blue screens. The Fishmark has a gold screen, which is no where near sa visible during low light situations. The blue screen outshines the gold considerably, no pun intended.

That said, you can easily set the 320 to "reverse grayscale" and it really goes a long way towards being able to read in the dark. It is all about how much you want to spend, but at 189.99 (Galyans) it is a really good deal.