• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Summer Reel Care

protrapper

Question

was wondering what if anything you guys do to your reels in the summer. Luberacation wise? Handels, gears etc. I have some shimano reels i paid a pretty penny for a long time ago and i wanted to clean them up. what kinda grease or lubracant should i get?

Thanks.. Trapper..

1 answer to this question

pro trapper check back we had a big discussion on reel care. if they are spinning reels it isn't to much to open them up and check to see if they are dirty inside. i use white lithium grease, but there are many others too. if they look fine, get a small tube of reel ease or other special reel oil and put a drop on the roller,handles etc. put new line on them and you should be ready. i also take a scotch brite pad and clean off the edges of the spool and the bail. crud builds up and can rough up line and cost you casting distance . del