• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Camping on old 61

tlendway

Does anyone know if "Big Blaze" campground went out of business? Both their phone number and HSOforum seem to be down?

Does anyone know if "Duluth Tent and Trailer" is a good alternate?

We were just up there yesterday (7/25) and Big Blaze no longer exists. Looks like they sold the land and have it parceled out for housing lots.

We stayed at Duluth Tent and Trailer (7/24)and had a great night. No reservations, but he got us in. It was full but was pretty quiet. Washroom wasn't great, but lots of hot water. Walked across the highway and got down to the water and they had a nice field area to exercise the dog. Only stayed one night, but it was just fine.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. I'm from the Duluth area, but never heard it, just curious I guess. Drove by ot 1,000 times I'm sure but never paid attention to the name.

There's also a campground kinda behind the Munger Inn out by the zoo. I've walked the Western Waterfront trail (which basically semi-circles the campground) that's just off the munger trail with the wife many times and always thought that it would be a nice place to stay. I wonder what the name of that place is.

3_3.gif

Thanks fishing junky. That's the one you referred to ealier then, didn't mean to hork in on you suggeston smile.gif Goes to show that you learn something everyday, and sometimes, like today, I learnt two things.

That sure is a prime piece of property! Suprised it hasn't been sold and turned into condo's or housing by now.

FYI...

Just got off the phone with the folks who bought Big Blaze Campground.

They bought the whole 40 acres and they're going to build a resort style facility with common lodge, pools, lounge etc. surrounded by 2-3 bedroom homes and duplexes. They're offering full and partial ownerships of the units, which can be rented out at the owners discretion.

These are the same folks who built Crow Creek homes north of Two Harbors, Caribou Highlands in Lutsen and Cove Point Lodge.

[This message has been edited by Slothin'02 (edited 07-28-2004).]