• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How do you keep mice out of your campers during winter storage?

BLACKJACK

My wife and I have been looking at travel trailers and right away shes talking about storing it in my new shed and I don't want to use all the space, I want to put it under an old hay shed, it will still protect it from the majority of the weather but shes worried about mice.

What do you use to protect your camper from rodents during storage?

There was a good thread on this on boat storage last fall I believe. I personally use dryer sheets and haven't had any mice problems in the boat but others had good suggestions. Try a search in the Equipment forum.

We have a seasonal camper that stays at the camp ground all winter. I also use dryer sheets and haven't had a problem as of yet. I also make sure to remove all paper and cloth or anything that would make good nesting material.

We knew some people that left sunflower seeds in a plastic container one winter and they had squirls eat right threw their camper to get at them.

<><Mary><>

MOTHBALLS!! I help my folks winterize their mobile home every fall. We make small "cups" out of tin foil, then fill each cup with mothballs. We place then in any location that is suspect to a nosey lil critter. Also, make a list as to where you put these, so you don't forget any in the spring. Once spring has arrived, we open up all the windows, collect all the tins, and within a day or so the odor is gone.