• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

12 Volt Portable Stove

I just bought a Road Pro 12 volt portable 1 quart stove that plugs into a car lighter. It says you can keep food warm or cook it with this stove. It claims it will get up to 300 degrees. Good for heating foiled sandwiches, cooking soups or chili, etc. I got this on a Yahoo auction and was wondering if anyone else has one and if it works as well as advertised. I got it got $16 (including shipping). I think I got a good buy and am hoping it works as advertised. On rainy days or days when you want something quick without lighting a fire, this seems to be a great way to get some hot chow! If you have any recipes or comments on these units, please let me know. Thanks.

It does suggest running the motor if it will be running for very long. If you're headed to town or something and it will be running anyway, why not cook then? Either way, the convenience is awesome on crappy days.

To be honest, I haven't had a chance to use it yet. I am hoping to use it this fall for a camping trip or two. I bought a second one for a gift, or in case this thing is really awesome, I always have a backup. I got both of them from a Yahoo auction brand new in box at a great price!