• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Starting Out?

Im going to be getting a big investment started here that will, or i want, to last me some time... I want to get a Big!Big! tent. Like a 2 or maybe three room tent. It wont be back packed but hauled in a vehicle but i still want a reasonable price(Not wall tent but like dome shaped with dividers or indents for other rooms)... Tent should be about upper teens long to upper teens width,so 14'-20'' x 10'-16'(Anywhere in that range,or so big!).Also i want a cot for myself and i dont want a wimpy small one but like the size of a small one person bed, 3-4' across and like 6'3''-7' long because im tall(Again anywhere in that range). Any help would be much appreciated!If prices are known that would also be great!

Check out Sportsman's Guide HSOforum. Lots of decent stuff for good prices. Stick to name brands - if you don't recognize the brand, run quickly in the other direction. Sierra Trading Post is also pretty good, and of course you can't go wrong with a trip to Gander Mountain!

I got an army style cot at Gander Mountain a couple of years ago that has to be 7' long by 3' wide (or close to it). I use it at least twice a year for a week at a time and I never sleep better than I do on that thing. Folds up to about the size of one of those chair-in-a-pouch things that everyone has these days.

Nick

the big cot, is called a sluberjack big cot, 59.99 at sportsmen's warehouse. PHscotty came in today and bought a kielty manta 7, a great tent not quite as big as your looking for, other wise swing into sportsmens and see what I can dig out for you, I KNOW scotty will be happy. If you have any questions, email me at huskiesplayer15 at yahoo.com, be glad to help you.

Ps Phscotty- carmen is checking on the footprint for your manta, when we get it in, I can deliver it to you if you like, you live in princeton right? drop me an email.
Best Fishes
Chris

Slumberjack makes a real nice cot. I believe its the same one Bart Simpson is talking about. Sportsman's Warehouse, Gander, Cabela's all sell them for about 59.99. The cot is plenty big and strong. I believe they also make one which might be a little bigger than the one I have.

Check out the Cabella's catalog. They have one that is like 10'x20' and priced at about $250 or so thats not all that much for something you could keep for half a lifetime especially compared to the price of an RV.

Dave

I have decided to get the gander mountain Grizzly Den 5- Person Dome Tent. And the Slumberjack Big Cot, from the help of all you here...You have convinced me to go smaller, but big enough for a few people, and definetaly big enough for my cot. Thanks alot i will be getting it today and setting it up and putting cot in tonight. Ill tell you guys how it works out at our "X" campground this weekend on "z" lake.

P.S. I heard you should put tennis balls with slits in them on the bottom of legs so not to tear up tent flor good idea??? Also i will be buying little lanterns and miscellaneous things for camping to!

had a few problems with it this weekend for a four day trip... one there was a small hole next to the door, minut but still there. one of the tie downs was sewed on the wrong way. and as we were or should i say i am trying to set this thing up elastic in poles breaks, then a little later a pole breaks my error though. so i need to go in for a new one... cot works great though, (the slumberjack big cot), also somebody let me in on floor mats, where to buy can they be pretty thick and a resonable price estimate...Thanks