• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Waht's the best campground between Deer river and Northhome?

I have a family reunion in Kehlier in June and want to camp in one of the National Forest Campgrounds off of 46, closer to Northhome is better but if there is a real nice one closer to DR that's cool too. Any suggestions?

P.S. Looking for beach & shorefishing for the kids, maybe some convenient hiking trails, and reasonably private campsites.

[This message has been edited by SpikeRoberts (edited 05-13-2004).]

Spike, it may be a little far east for you but off of 38 north of Grand Rapids is a great little mini-wilderness called Suomi Hills. No motors are allowed in it. Miles of trails, a few lakes and plenty of privacy.

------------------
Erik Torgerson

Thanks guys. I know of the Big Bog in Washkish, the plan is to camp Friday night a little south of Kehlier, drive up for the Saturday reunion, back to the campground Saturday night, and then back down to the cabin near Emily that Sunday. Trying to keep car time limited because our 1 1/2 year old isn't a great traveler. Camping somehwere off of 46 as opposed to Washkish will probably save us a little time in the car on Sunday. I was thinking Deer Lake, East or West Seelye, or Mosomo Point, any opinions?

[This message has been edited by SpikeRoberts (edited 05-14-2004).]

The campground in Kehlier looks ok from the road but I have never stayed there. I would think it would be perty quiet and not a bad one or two night stop

it's not exactly on your way but not far off, Noma Lake just a couple miles north of Wirt would be something that you're looking for. It's a county camp ground, really nice, fishing pier and semi private campsites. You should be able to pick up all the panfish you care to catch.