• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wanted to buy portable generator.

Looking for a portable generator 3,000 watt's or a little larger . Have a 21 ft 5th wheel with roof air .I don't know a lot about generators but I heard Honda was a good one . Any information one generators would be help full . If you have one for sale in good condition let me know .

Dont have one for sale but I run a Honda 2000 for my icehouse.If you are going to buy one definitly go with a Honda they arent cheap but they are the quitest and very reliable.

I've been working on my deck the last few days and have been using my Honda EU2000 for my power tools. The thing doesn't even break a sweat. I use it for camping with my truck camper which has a Coleman Polar Cub a/c, which is rated at 9000 btu's, and it does just fine. The Honda 3000 is a very nice unit. It wieghs in at around 150 lbs or so, which can be a little awkward when handling alone. The 2000 wieghs in at 46 lbs dry wieght. You can parallel two 2000 units together, which will give you more power then the 3000, and you will still be able to handle both units alone. Not sure what size a/c you have? Maybe a Yamaha 2800 would work for you, which is also a nice unit. Wieghs in at 64 lbs and is also quiet. Yamaha also sells a 3000 with a battery boost for helping with high amp loads when starting up. Also a sweet unit. It wieghs in at about 150 lbs also, and has wheels. You can get wheels for the Honda 3000, but naturlly, you have to pay extra for. I'm sure your a/c is a higher rated btu unit. If it where me, which it isn't, I would go with two honda 2000's. Spendy yes. But lightwieght, quiet, and will have enough power for anything in your rig. At the very least, I would go with the Yamaha 3000 with the boost. A little less money, but heavier, quiet also. Either way, go with a honda, or a yamaha. Just make sure it is big enough to handle your a/c. Good luck, Junky......

------------------
A fishing guide is just a fishing junky who takes others with him to support his habit.

Thanks for the help full information . It looks like Honda will be my first choice . I got called back to road construction again so I will have to get the generator taken care of before they send me up north . Thanks again this was a big help .
Brad Sr

[This message has been edited by Brad sr (edited 05-05-2004).]

Brad,

Post this message on the "selling" forum. You might get lucky and find someone selling a used one. Just an idea.

You might want to call the manufacture of your camper and or the company who makes the A.C. unit. It is worth the homework because the A.C. needs the 30 amps, even though the smaller generator will power it in the short term they can do damage in the long run.