• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Northern RV Campgrounds

VietVet67

Each year we head back to northern Minnesota. Each year it is a battle to find a RV camp ground on a lake. We stayed at the Breeze in Park Rapids last year, was a good place and KOA in Bemidji two years ago but not on lake. Does anyone know of a secluded, treed, on the water, boat renting, RV campground in the far north of Minnesota. Or one as I mentions within 50 miles of Bemidji? Would really like your input........

------------------
John Kieltyka

Vietvet67; I can not help you with any RV parking areas up nothern Minn, But would like to welcome you to the board, Alot of good info and great people here, I'm sure someone will have a answer for you shortly. By your user name I take it that you was in Viet Nam in 67. So was I, I was at Dong Ha, How about you,

Catfish1

There's a number of state parks that accommodate RVs. The state park on Lake Bemidji is very nice. I'm surprised you missed it.

Do a Web search for Cass Lake, Leech Lake or Grand Rapids. There's plenty of good campgrounds on quality lakes in these areas.

Try posting your question in the Rainy Lake forum. You haven't been on vacation in Northern MN until you've been to Rainy. I personally have only camped there in a tent, but the regulars in that forum will be a great help I'm sure. BTW, thanks for your service, and welcome to the board.

------------------
Fish on gotta go--JON

There's only one site available on Rainy at Camp Idlewood and it's usually taken well in advance of summer. Pretty sad that an area like that doesn't have much for campers. There used to be a KOA and another campground about halfway out to the end of the road but they've been closed for longer than I can remember.

If you can be more specific about the areas you'd like to try, it'll be easier to help.

Many of the resorts on Cass Lake have camping sites, kind of expensive I thought, around $25 / night with elect. Try Stony Point resort, and Sah-Kah-Tay Resort, probably several others as well. I've also heard there is a campground at the North end of Leech Lake. Maybe these lakes aren't far enough North for You??? Also try this site www.rv.net