• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Truck tent

Walleye_GFA

Thanks ST and Wally,
I was thinking of the second type ST mentioned, the kind that attaches to topper tailgate area. I think they could be pretty cool.

Wally! You buy your friggin' groceries before you go. When I go campin' stores aren't usually nearby...... Now give me a hug!

mm

2 types that I know of. A tent that sits in the truck. Seems like when it rains the truck bed might fill with water. I think a topper would be a better alternative. You can put lighting, shelves and a bed that you can also gain room by storing totes/gear underneath.
The type tent that sits on the ground and attachés to the truck topper I like. You utilize the topper space plus have the tent area. One draw back is you are limited to camping only where your truck can go.

I like to attach a tarp to my topper door and the other end to poles with guy ropes. Then use the tailgate as a table for cooking and sitting around out of the rain or sun. Store all my stuff in totes in the back of the truck. Everything is out of the way and organized this way.

[This message has been edited by Surface Tension (edited 06-30-2003).]