• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Whitewater State Park

Walleye_GFA

Im heading out to Witewater for the first time in a couple of weeks... I know its a river and I know its got trout...

Is there anythign a guy should think about as for as special equipment >??? or something that would make a stay at that particular park more enjoyable ???

Wally

One thing you might want is a very good pair of hiking boots. Whitewater has many trails and some of the views are spectacular.

When you visit you'll have found a hidden gem in the Mn State park system.

Our scout troop has been down there many times and we always had alot of succes fishing for trout. I am proud to say that every trout we caught was released. I had my best luck with a #6 long shank hook (for easy removal) 2' under a shy bite bobber using 2# clear XL. Use 1/2 a nightcrawler slid up the hook on to the line. Do not ball up the crawler. Sunrise and sunset are the best times but you can catch fish through out the day. We usually go at the end of may to the first part of june. We usually stay at the group camp and fish from the bridge at the parking lot and upstream as far as you care to go. This time of the year you will need alot of bug spray or mesh gloves and a head net. Wear camo if you have it so the fish can't see you. I have also seen quite alot of big fish caught on berkley power crawlers with just a split shot, no bobber. Ken