• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fishing Buddies Only Please...

Sami's quite a handsome fella. Gotta love them Shepards.Looks like he's maybe about 5 or 6 judgeing by the gray around his muzzle. Lets hope you get at least another ten years or more of fishing with your devoted buddy.Ya it looks like he's not going to listen today. Ha ha.

Sami is 11 1/2. i am NOT looking forward to the day when he is not around anymore. fortunately he is still very active and healthy. i had some of his "stuff" frozen so i can get a puppy from him.

biglake, good grief, 7 labs in the family!!! I only have one and she can be a handful, I'd hate to get [PoorWordUsage]er-scooper detail at your place.

Seriously, nice looking labs, the yellow look's like my Molly.

Ole

[This message has been edited by Ole1855 (edited 10-06-2004).]

[This message has been edited by Ole1855 (edited 10-06-2004).]

In fond memory of our fishing buddy, Reggie...

47b4ce26b3127ccea848e9607ae40000001610

[This message has been edited by Jill (edited 10-07-2004).]

[This message has been edited by Jill (edited 10-07-2004).]

Yep,
Have to admit they are a couple of good look'n pups !!
He normally doesn't like to sit very still in the boat (like the picture might suggest), because every time you reel in, he thinks there should be a fish on. (Actually there should be), but not always the case. And if there are fish in the live well, he thinks that they are something he should be able to play with.
"hooks"

Hope no took my above as being kinda snobbish, but everyone knows how it goes with feelings about their own dogs. I am sure you all know how that goes.
I think that there has been alot of great photo's sent in here and have enjoyed looking at them all.
Let's get some more!

"hooks"

This is Scooter, the lab I got from a fellow FM'er earlier this year. I havn't taken him in the boat yet. Do you guys who take your dogs into the boat ever have a problem with your dog jumping out of the boat? I bass fish so between my wife and i we usually have 6-8 rods in the boat. Do you guys cover your lures when your not using the rods?

47b4ce29b3127ccea877406c55620000001610

I almost always bring my baby along as anyone can tell with the massive amounts of dog hair in the boat. Any bird in the area is prone to a chasing. When we chase the muskies, she thinks the big baits are hers to retrieve. She'll get right up on the edge and bark at them. She really gets excited with the prop baits!! She even thinks she needs to "Fetch" the fish we release. Its real tough to leave her at home though.

Hey Granny
Funny you ask about jumping out, and rods with lures all over.
I have 2 stories.
1. The yellow lab(cota) was running around in my Dads boat one weekend sniffing around. Well, she got a daredevil hook in her nostril, and in her attempt to rid herself of it, she buried the barb of the hook INSIDE her nose.
Well, an emergency trip to the Vet on a Saturday evening was next. They had to completely knock her out, and they had to push the hook through. I literally had to hold her head down, because the vet could not get the hook through the nose skin. If you have never seen this, you would not believe it. He had a HUGE needle nose style vice grip clamped on the hook, trying to push it through. The nose skin on a dog is tougher than leather on boots.
2. My chocolate(Shea) does like to jump in. We were fishing sunnies a couple years ago, and the yellow headed blackbirds were flying all over in the cattails next to us. She jumped out, went into the bog and ran around for about 15 minutes. I could not get her back. I was ready to just leave her.

Darn dogs. gotta love em.

Nice schlong. Good to see Rick is allowing a little softcore to spice up the site. Here's one that Vexilar should use. Lab tested. 47b4db23b3127ccebd8f5376c8010000001610
This is not a dead fish pic. She practice C&R. 47b4db32b3127ccebe238a36a8530000001610

------------------
IBOT's # 17 & 248