• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

shortfatguys outdoor pics

I coached my first year here about 7 years ago. That was junior high boys. I taught 3 years in the Falls before that and coached 7th grade girls and 7th grade boys. That would have been around '95-'97. If I stayed in the Falls I think I'd still be coaching. It only takes 5 - 10 minutes out the door and you're in prime hunting or fishing areas. Down here, you have to drive so dang far to get to anything decent, so I like to have my weekends free to get back up north.

Do you know a Franklin Roberts? He's always driving around in a reddish Jeep Cherokee Chief.

I've tried fishing Dark Lake a couple of times. I caught some nice sunnies a long time ago, but I couldn't catch anything else to save my life. I just chalked it up to inexperience of the lake. Clear L. has some nice bass in it. Crappie and sunnies too. Are there fish in the old pit behind Buhl? I'd like to try ice fishing there this winter if anything is in it.

Back to the basketball... I played against a Kevin Grondahl (sp?) in the late 80's. He was a quick little guard who could shoot better than J. McDonald some nights. I always had to guard him when we played MIB.

ok, maybe I got my lakes mixed up. Which one is west of 25? Whichever it is, dark or clear, I recommend you give the bass a try wink.gif.

As far as KG shooting better than Mac? Hmmm, I better grab my waders tongue.gif.

I played for Cook and went up against Joel (starting in fourth grade) more times than I care to remember frown.gif.

She recently moved to Alaska. You know what that means. laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Yeah, my parents still live there. I hunted there the past few years, but honestly I felt like I was shooting instead of hunting. My mom and dad like to feed them and it's more like cattle 'round there.

I used to guard Joel also. Fouled out in the first half one time in Chisholm!

My aunt and uncle moved to Alaska as well. Great fishing, but I'd like to do some hunting too. It is nice to have relatives to take you in when you get up there. What part of AK did they all move to? My uncle lives in Wasilla. They've got two large freezers out in the garage that are stuffed with moose, caribou, salmon, halibut. They never have to buy meat from the store. They also run the smoker during the salmon runs. Fresh smoked salmon is the best. You gotta love it!