• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

shortfatguys outdoor pics

47b4d634b3127cceb43e61a3e4770000001510
2002 buck

47b4d634b3127cceb43e5949e4810000001510
northern from "lake x"

47b4d634b3127cceb43e658465620000001510
2001 buck

47b4d634b3127cceb43e6165e4b10000001510
another from lake x

47b4d634b3127cceb43e610e65ea0000001510
lake x

47b4d634b3127cceb43e6ba765460000001510
buddys girlfriend at lake x

[This message has been edited by shortfatguy (edited 08-15-2004).]

i tried doing that but the picture showed up all blurry. for some reason they are blurry on shutterfly but on web shots they are clear and i can view them full screen with no distortion but i cant get them to show up on here from webshots. any ideas?

------------------
a bad day at the lake is better than a good day at work

Nice deer sfg! I'll be in Buhl next weekend for the season. All of us hunt north of Buhl on 25 just past McNiven Road. Do you hunt around the Buhl area, or do you go somewhere else? Good luck this season!

yes i do hunt around buhl. in fact the pic of the deer where you cant see my face was shot behind the ziegler building just outside of town and the other deer was shot just north of mcniven off of columbe road. i mostly hunt north of the wooden table near goodell road. maybe ill see ya up there. where do you hunt?

We're on the east side of 25 just past McNiven, before you cross the crick. There's an old, small, logging road there where we go in. We'll be there with either my dad's black Chevy pickup, my bro's silver Chevy pickup, or my blue Dodge Dakota. My grandfather hunted that area since the 40's so it's always kind of been "our area." A few others hunt there too.

Sometimes we're up at the Wooden Table, sometimes Billy's, depends on where the guys all want to go. Maybe see you around. Good luck.

89 bronco... i hunt up in that area too... know exactly where you are talking about. my family is from near dark lake. i have seen those vehicles parked there. have you hunted in the new clearcut just north of you? i was thinking about checking it out.

The brand new cut on the west side of 25? I drove in there a couple of weekends ago looking for birds, but no, haven't hunted it. Drove in a little way in a small cut on the east side on the same day and kicked up a couple of birds. I guess we mainly stay in our little corner for deer. We don't wander too far.

The bunch of guys we hunt with have a cabin on Clear Lake. Everyone is either from Buhl or related to someone from Buhl, but we all live somewhere else now. My dad grew up in Buhl. My brother, dad and I stay in the first house on the right as you come into town.

whats your dads last name? i am sure i know your family and if i dont my dad does.

i live south of the park in buhl... pretty close to where you stay in town here. unless you are talking about comming onto town up by shortstop

I'm related to the Perala's, Berlin's and Kayfes's. My dad's family used to live by the water tower where we stay now.

My grandparents on my mom's side used to live across from the Buhl Water Co. building, on the street where the Big Dollar used to be. I think it's now the Senior Center.

My uncle is good friends with Durbahn the construction guy.

wow, bringing back some memories. Many years ago I used to hunt with my uncle and grandfather near what they called Anderson school. Does that ring a bell? I remember having to drive through potholes the size of ponds. The winches came in very handy. It was just as much fun getting there then it was hunting smile.gif.

I think we were close to minntac land because I remember seeing some tailings ponds being FULL of ducks, but we couldn't go back there.

89bronco, i know the kayfes's that lived across from the senior center. are you related to darrell perala?

dtro i know exactly where the anderson school is and ive been through those huge water puddles your talking about smile.gif

dtro, i used to fish dark lake alot when i was growing up but now that i can drive i tend to go to a lake with fish in it! tongue.gif we had some good days at dark lake but most of the time it was the dead sea. cant say what it is like now. i have not fished there in about 10 years.... might have to check it out this spring...

Darrell I don't know.

The Kayfes's in the white house across from the senior center, that would be my mom's side of the family. I spent a lot of time in that house when I was little. My grandma lived two houses down. Pete K., or Peety as I would call him, used to let me hang around and throw a football with him and some of his friends. I remember going to some two-a-day practices at the football field with him. The original Buhl Bulldogs.

Hey do you know any Bratulich's from Buhl or Mt. Iron? I work with a Bratulich and he thought your picture with the deer looks familiar, but wasn't sure. His dad used to be a teacher and coach.

It's kind of funny...this whole small world thing. Yeah I work with Steve. Actually I was one of the people who hired him. On his resume I saw he worked in Virginia, so I told the group we have to hire this guy, he's from the range! Now he's working across the hall from me. Steve hunts up by the Ash River Trail area so he's heading up on Friday, also. First he's going to watch the MIB game in Mt. Iron. I'm heading up to the Falls to watch that game with Virginia, then come back to Buhl.

And Pete. I haven't seen Pete in a long time. I've run into his sister, Cheryl, a few times (she lives in St. Cloud too) but I don't know which neighborhood Peety lives in. I moved to St. Cloud about 2 years ago and I just found out Pete lived here also. I'll have to look him up.

A band at the Table....mmmmm...I'll see what the guys think. It might depend how successful we are opening day! grin.gif

We're both teachers. Steve also coaches hockey. I used to coach basketball, but I like hunting and fishing too much and coaching takes a lot of extra time.

I hear that MIB has an excellent quarterback this year. If my old school wasn't playing, I'd probably check out the MIB game too.