• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Just got back from Morson on Saturday the 24th. The Walleye fishing was " Hot". We got lots of fish with good average size on just about every reef or hump that we fished. Several fish during the week were between 20" and 26.5". Each of these are still swimming. All we used was jigs and minnows or jigs and leeches. We even got some follows while musky fishing during a couple of post supper casting adventures. This is quite an accomplishment, as my friend and I don't know s... about fishing muskies. A great week of fishing. Back again in less than three weeks.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from Morson last night. Up for Thur-Sun muskie fishing. Two of us did well. One 38" on Friday, another 38" on Sunday morning, and in between, a 47 1/2" beauty! Also, lots of slot northerns up to 37" and a few smallies, along with a 22 1/2" walleye that hit my bucktail. I'm not saying where exactly, only that we weren't in Sabaskong due to the musky tourney going on. I guess we should have entered! Wind swept points with submergent and emergent vegetation were the key, except, of course, one musky came off of a sheltered, non-descript rubble shoreline. Two others hooked and lost, three or four swirl misses, and not a lot of follows. A good weekend overall.
One note of caution- the lake is getting low again, and those rocks are creeping closer to the top.

Just returned from Miles Bay area last night after being there since Friday, July 30. Sunny, mild weather with temps in mid-70s until Friday night when a cold front went through and high on Sat. was only 62. Eyes were on most mid-lake humps in 18-32'. We caught over 150 over four afternoons but most were in 12-14" range. Did pull a fat 26" out of the ballfield - thanks, Eastwind. Little or no bloom in Miles Bay and points west but it was a little thicker in the water between Morson and Dawson, but didn't seem to affect the fishing. We targeted muskie a couple afternoons and had several follows by fish in the low to mid 40"s but no hooked, although did have a fun figure 8 dance with one mid 40" fish that seemed to last forever. Back in 8 weeks for the fall crappie run and trolling muskies.