• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

CANADA OPINIONS!!!

Hello everyone

I was curious on whom pesonally has a outfitter/lodge/SOMEWERE TO FISH!! or knows of a good place in canada were a few die hard fishermen can go and catch some hook benders and line breakers?(WALLEYE, northern, crapie, muskie,smallies,ext..)were planing on end of august/september/oct?
if anyone can recomend or relay some information to me it would be much appreciated(quickly)

please help
strosh
catch and release

I noticed that U didn't mention catfish, especially channel cats. Well if you want summo kitties September is the time to be on the Red at Lockport. In september the kitties go on a feeding freenzy before freeze up and 20lbers are the norm. Cats on the Red has a lodge right on the river but am not sure if there are any rooms left at the inn, (due to the fishing action) You may even be able to hook into one of those greenbacks 8 to 16lber.

We like Sasaginnigak Lake in Eastern Manitoba for great northern and walleye fishing. They fly you out of Biscuit Harbour north of Riverton on pontoon planes. You would find both Sasaginnigak and Biscuit Harbour on the web. I wouldn't wait as late as October.

Try Young's Wilderness on LOTW. My clan has been going there the past 8 years. Perry and Carol due a great job. The american plan come out to around $80 American(plus or minus) per person per day . great meals and a nice clean cabin. Fishing was slow on all species except MUSKIES!! The clan boated 48 in 8 days. That fishen hard and sleeping good. Give them a call. They might have space. Folks leave early because of slow fishing, smallies,pike,panfish. I did this year, had the kids up so muskie fishing with the 9" suicks took its toll. Good luck StM

------------------

[This message has been edited by saintmark (edited 07-18-2003).]

my brothers dad and i have been going to bay store camp on the LOW for three years and have a great time you picked a perfect time of year for all speces we fish the canada side only a fifteen minute boat ride to great fishing and Frank and Laura will treat you right

I vote for Muskie Bay Lodge on Crow Lake.

Paul and Chris always take great care of us when we are there.

Crow has some nice lakers and huge 'skis, and I bet the smallie population is good there.

Staying at Muskie Bay also gets you a private access onto Stevens Bay on LOTW. It a short run down Stevens into Skabaskong Bay for walleyes, crappies, perch and smallies.

Good Luck,

If you want to catch 300 walleye and 20# + pike. ( I caught 10 over 20# in 3 day's and thats common) try ANGLER RAPIDS WILDERNESS LODGE. It's a 30 minute floatplane out of La Ronge Sask. Located on a rapid, on the churchill river. Cary bought this corprate retreat and it is unbelievable. His prices are 1/2 of what comparable lodges charge.
I am very hard to please and I am sold I will be helping him at the all canada show in blaine next year. E-mail me for a pic of a 32# monster

Strosh, how much are you willing to spend? I was to the english river about 2 1/2 yrs. ago up by ear falls ontario and I am ready to return. September brings great fishing there for walleye, northern, smallmouth, and the ole esox. The owner of the resort is from park rapids, mn. If you'd be interested in prices, directions, etc. I just recieved new uptodate info on prices and other things. A buddy and I spent 7 days there. I have to say it was the best canadian fishing trip I'd ever been on. I have been on fly-in trips, drive in trips to lake of the woods in morison ont. nothing to me beats this trip. Let me know if you'd like any info. I'd be glad to share what I know. Best of luck fishing.