• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

English river system

anybody got any reports on this area. i have never been but am making my first trip there on the 12th for 10 days. cant wait! last report he seen the water was down like 6 ft.

I do not recall where that lake is but I stay near caribou falls dam. We spoke to the owner and they said that the fishing is great. And when we get there and we don't kill'um they will say you should have been here a week ago..... Well either way good luck, I just love going up there. I find fishing a river system is vary fun and challenging. I do hear form a couple of people that the river is pretty low.

JegerJack

------------------
"What did the old man trade for these guys, a used puck bag?"

I just got back. The river is the lowest I have ever seen it. It has to be down at least 10 ft. The fishing on the other hand was incredible. The avg walleye was close to 20 inches. Usually after lunch the fish tend to rest a bit, not this year, they where hitting all day long. Last fish of the trip was a 29 inch eye..... Damm 360 days till I get to go back......

JegerJack

------------------
"What did the old man trade for these guys, a used puck bag?"

well just got home - river was 6 ft low. lots of rocks. avg. fish was about 22-23 inches. biggest was 28.5 inches. tons of fish above the 25 inch mark! never gone thru so many jigs in my life! fishin was the best i have ever seen. hope i get a chance to go again! we were about 8 miles upstrem from kettle falls at the mouth of seperation lake. everywhere we went we got fish. what a great trip!

Just wondering if anyone has heard any reports of how the fish are biting on the English river near Ear Falls. I am heading up there this Sunday with my brother as well as my best friend. We will be fishing below Lower Manitou Falls. All of your replies are appreciated. Oh and how is navigating with the water being so low. Is it better or worse. Than in the past? Rocks?
Thanks Pauly B.