• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

God's Lake Manitoba Brook Trout Lures

Am headed up to God's Lake next week and am curious if anyone has a suggestion for brook trout lures. I am not that familiar with brook trout and need some help regarding presentations on this river. What size lure and any color preference if appreciated!

I paddled a canoe from Norway House to York Factory in the summer of '93. We went through God's Lake, and the God's River. I caught a LOT of BIG trout on Mepp's spinners, a variety of sizes, yellow if I remember right. It doesn't matter, those fish as so hungry they attack everything. These are WORLD CLASS brookies, and you can catch one on every cast in certain spots. Enjoy yourself!

Awesome been there 3 times. Watched my dad catch and release 9.5 pound brookie. crocodile spoons work well they cast far and handle the fast water. bring lots of them and spinners you will lose a lot. Try for sturgeon in slow deep parts of the rive hopefully only a small one will bite. You are in for a trip of a lifetime. let me know if u need a guide(: You can e mail me at persistant_pest@msn if you leave a phone nunmber id be glad to give you a few tips #1 beibg bring more bug spray then u need then add that much again. good luck

------------------