• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lake Savant - Ontario

Headed to Lake Savant July 11. 3rd year in a row. Would like to try Lake Trout as well as search out some big northern. Anyone familiar with this lake.

Me and my family flew out of there on a Fly-In a couple of years ago. Say hi to the guys with the float planes. There is a manilla colored one with a mural painted on the side of it. Cool area!!

The float plane outfit you must of used is called West Caribou Air. They are located about 6 miles north of the town of Savant Lake. Have a great webpage. They fly a Cessna 185 and the one you mention with the mural is a Norseman. Smaller then a Beaver the Norseman they have was once a US Air Force plane and according to the owner Marty, was used to ferry JFK out to Martha's vineyard. Take a look at their HSOforum. Makes you want to be there today!

Where did you stay on the lake? There are only three places I know of. Cat-Track, Cliff and Romas" and Wildwood Fly Inn. Given size of lake 89,000 acres, you don't see a heck a lot of boats. How was fishing?