• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Question about Lac Seul muskie

I have been going to Lac Seul for many years. The walleye fishing is unbelievable and the northern fishing is also excellent. I have never run across a muskie in all my years. We fish on the west end just east of Ear Falls. The place we stay at is located in Rat Bay. I have heard that most of the muskie are on the east end of the lake. Was just wondering if anybody could let me know if this was true because I would love to fight a 50 incher some day!

Yes that is true, the muskies are in the northeast part of the lake centered around Chamberlain Narrows. I fish the central part of the lake out of Mahkwa and have never seen a muskie and we fish pike at least half the time with muskie lures.

CodyDawg -

Not sure about the temps. We use the camp boats and the depth finders we bring read depth only. I asked Ken from Ojibway Outfitters what the water temps were and he replied, "F#$&ing Cold!!". We were there basically for the walleyes. The muskie was a bonus. And as always, the walleye fishing was fantastic. Fished water between 8-14 feet. See my other post on the Chamberlain Narrows fourm.

The Spook