• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fish The Ducks

West Blue Lake would have "larger" walleye (10# plus and is fished to a larger extent at night) while Beautiful lake has a walleye population that cycles in term of numbers and size -- fishing pressure and oxygen depletion are its nemesis. Wellman has good walleye but they see a lot of hooks.

The Duck Mountains in general are renown for their trout....The fly fishing club has their cabin in the park for a reason: The fishing can be great and the surroundings are special. When I visit the Ducks I'll have both the flyrod/tube and hardware/boat handy. Briefly....
Childs lake has some reasonable lakers, Laurie has some huge browns and some respectable splake/lakers,
Gull (my personal favorite) has good bows, splake and the odd brookie,
Shilladay has good bows -- and is the best for tubing,
East blue has monster splake, good bows, Singush has good perch and smallies,
Perch Lake cycles but has good browns,
Two mile lake has good brookies and some large bows
Glad has good bows and some nice char
Beaver lake has some small bows and brookies but the Pine river which flows form Beaver is one of Manitoba's only streams which has reproducing population of Rainbows and brookies

Manitoba's only musky lake is here. Line lake has a few 40 inchers and a respectable walleye population (perhaps the best eater size population in the park). Twin lake had musky but winter killed.

The Angling lakes are on the rebound. When they were in their prime they held one of Manitoba's "best" perch populations.

One little know fact is that on the south west corner of the park is the headwaters of the shell river and brown trout stocking has been going on for some time now.... but I can't say for sure if it has been a success. You'll have to talk to Ken Kansas about that one..

This is one of Manitoba's fishing jewels. If you want to know more about the park drop me a note.

Dan

Cat Eye Outfitter
[email protected]
http://www.geocities.com/dkiazyk2000

And for all things fishing in Manitoba visit the fishing Manitoba site

http://members3.boardhost.com/fishmanitoba/