• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

yellow bass

Just wondering if yellows are biting on Clear Lake.A buddy of mine up by Farley,said his buddy heard they were starting.Never fished this lake before any pointers?Thinking about heading up later on in the week to check it out.Thanks

I don't know if any of you who sometimes post on the Iowa board know about it, but iowaoutdoors.org provides some good info. on Iowa fishing and hunting. The boards there are arranged by species not area, but there are some posts on Clear Lake, Belva Deer, etc. under the "General Species" forum.

A report on the yellow bass at Clear Lake. They are on their usual spring bite right now. We have been fishing them every day for the past week now and have caught all we wanted everyday. They are coming up on the rocks in shallow water{1 to 4 feet) and hitting very small jigs. We are not catching many females at this point so I think the spawn is just starting. A reminder: Don't be shy about keeping them. They are great eating and need to be thinned out.