• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Blackhawk

Marmosska - Are you talking black hawk in Sac Co.? I live about 10 miles away. They been getting a few yellow bass this winter. 9-10 inches, which is big for a yellow. They usually over populate most lakes but have been in Black Haek for years and haven't. They look just like a white bass but have a yellowish tint on the upper half of the body instead of white. And not quite as deep bodied, more like a perch. When they get big enough, they are really fine eaters... unlike a white, they have very white meat, like a perch. And they are very active in winter, more so then thier close cousin, the white bass.

I have never heard of any whites in Black Hawk. Storm Lake has whites. Will be talking with the biologist today, will ask him if they got introduced into black hawk recently. The state would never stock them there. Will let ya know.

Have you heard anything about Yellow Smoke at Denison?? for big bluegills??

They didn't look like the yellow bass I
catch in the spring on the east side when
they are spawning, or over at east hallets,
or up at clear lake.They looked more like
the white bass I have caught at storm lake,
saylorvile,or west o. I'm sure I will be
back and look closer.

Talked to the biologist up there today. He hasn't seen a white there during there electro surveys since around '84. They stocked some whites once in late 70's but they didn't reproduce.

He said thier surveys last year showed the yellows had increased in density... which has been evident this winter.

If you catch one that you think is a white, drop it off at the black hawk office. If it is the weekend, leave it at clausen's bait and have them call the biologist on monday to look at it.