• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

spirit lake?

I haven't been on spirit for a week, but we were getting some nice ones, perch, (for spirit this year) 9-12 inches on the west side in about 14ft. of water off of buffalo run.

At oh shucks today I talked with a guy who caught his limit off of red nose on the east side a couple of days ago.

We have had the best of luck with kastmasters tipped with minnow heads, pilki's with minnows, dropper rigs and sweedish pimples. And yes, the vexilar.

It seems the bigger perch are biting better in deeper water.

Be careful, there is open water in the middle and whereever it want to open up. Check with local bait shops about ice conditions, (oh shucks, kabeles trading post, pioneer beach)

Good Luck!!

I'll be there tomorrow...

Bcon,

My uncle and a buddy went to Spirit a few days ago and they did very well. Thats not saying that the fishing will be great the day you get up there. The fishing on Spirit this year is great at times but there has been other times I have gone up and only caught a few. The best advice I can give you is if they are not biting in one spot move to one of the other areas and if they are not biting on Spirit there is still West and East Okoboji you can try and both of them are not far away. Good luck and tight lines!

IceMan