• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone fishing this weekend??

Herb,I check here 2 times a day and I dont see hardy any new post on when ,where, and how they did.Justwould like to see more imfor. shared with us.That is what a forum means to me .Maybe I am wrong.

Ice John, I was just kidding you about the wording on your first post. I knew what you meant.
As for reports, I haven't had a chance to get out for a couple of weeks. I was going to head north for the lansing area and that got cancelled. Looks like the soonest for me might be monday.

Went to Union Grove Lake. There is still open water close to the dam. Caught very small crappies along south side by the old stump half the way to the dam from the middle of the big hill. Did that make sense? Doesn't matter. There was a fishing derby there and almost everyone caught the same thing. Heard one guy say he got a saugeye. Small one.

Please post a report if you were out on the ice today. Thanks.

fishtale:

I started by the west side boat ramp north tip of the jetty. Caught the same thing there. It is only 5' there now. There was also water on top of the ice from that boat ramp across to the jetty on the other side by 3PM that came up through the ice buckle thats there.

Just got back 13 small blue gills put back in.Would have stay longer ,but battery ran down E.auger.Cant do the hand one .Will go in morning.Still looking for people to fish with here or there.

Fished Mcbride on Sat had no luck. Fished a couple of ponds today and caught several little ones pretty slow weekend. For more reports check out Iowa outdoors

fished 3 mile from 6pm til 11:30 pm friday night 2 keepers ,then 630 am-1130 am ...0 keepers then lake aquahbi and 2 keepers ,then geoge wyth ice fishery today and o keepers ,very slow for sure

fished a private lake by Marshalltown Friday and Sat good bite all day.Talked to buddies that caught a mess of nice crappies at Coralville reservoir Sat.Fished McBride midmorning today.Sorted enough for a meal.
sledman

Took my daughters to county pond by Algona.
1 8" bluegill and my five year old caught a 14" bass. Did'nt stay long, but they are wanting more. Need to find some action, size unimportant.
bcon

Traveled to 3mile lake friday. The four of us Fished friday night - 15 keepers mostly gills lots of 5" crappie. Fished all day saturday 20 keepers including two small eyes. Cleaned them at the indoor cleaning station and came out to find both passenger side tires flatter than a pancake on one of our rigs. Got tires repaired sunday and traveled to west lake at osceola. 2 keepers - tons of 4" gills. Caught one 8" shad and saw several out on the ice. Pretty slow weekend for how many hours we put in.

Icejohn- Union grove is by gladbrook about 60 miles S.W. of waterloo. I heard the winning fish at the George Wyth tournament was a crappie that weighed .27lbs. Not 2.7 lbs but .27 lbs. Thats kinda sad isnt it. A few guys from work had good luck on Rock Creek near grinnell. They said all crappies were 9 1/2 inches. The cold snap is gone, I think the fishing will heat up also.

I am heading over to fish below the dam (#9) this weekend. Heard there catching a few through the ice over there. My Dad and I might trout fish on the way over. Hope the rain doesn't amount to much. I'll post Monday on how we do. Later,JD

I haven't yet. I have seen a few people try in the little backwater pond by Caseys. The old boy at the Powder Keg said they catch crappies and perch there. I'll be trying it next week and I'll post how I do. I have caught a lot of crappies in the lake during the summer but only a few worth keeping.Later,JD

Fished Badger (JFK park) near Ft. Dodge this a.m. from 8-11. Caught 8 gills and 7 crappies. All but 3 before 9am. Will give it a shot earlier sometime soon.

Any luck at Brushy? or Spirit?

bcon

fished otter creek and rock creek today ....did real good on rock creek , hooked about a 5 lb carp on a waxie and a fatboy jig ....otherwise got some nice gills and some 9 1/2 in crappies

Went to Badger Greek by Bonneville yesterday. Caught some really big gills, just not enough of them. Some of the people I met there had fished the lake last weekend and again Thursday and had done real well. Except for the morning, the bite was real slow.

Fished Silver and Virgin Lakes in Palo Alto county yesterday. The big perch just werent hitting for me. Using wax worms and small minnows. Caught several small perch but no real keepers. Moved back to favorite farm pond by Storm Lake later in day and landed several gills. If not raining will try again today