• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

need some help with fliptype shelters

I know this is an age old question but I'm still searching for the answer. I've got the fish trap guide, Otter cabin, Eskimo Quickflip II and a few others to choose from. I've also heard that Scheels carries a Polarsport that is similar to the Otter. True?????? Help me out with this choice please. Any pros and cons on any or all would help.

Hey rodbender, I to did some comparing and what I've found is the shack at sheels is built liter than the otter or the fish trap .I was attracked by the price but after a closer look I found out why. Both the otter and the fish traps are nice units that should offer lots of years of service if taken care of. Hope my insight has been of some help to you.

Almost forgot to tell you, I did have the pleasure of fishing in a fish trap voyeger.A friend and I went to upper red lake on a crappie hunt. It was a very roomy,plenty of storage in the sled. The one thing I did'nt care for was your feet on the ice,but a simple car mat would cure that. We were subject to 25 mph winds and as long someone stayed sat down we had no probs. If you had any snow and were clamed in you would be ready for action! Easy to set up, storage may be a prob.on the off season.

I have an fish trap pro(larger 1-man)and simply love it! I dont have any experience with the other models,but am very satisfied with my trap.I did make a few modifications to it, for personal preference,but all in all a good shelter.Just make sure you get one made of the good material and not the thin cheesy stuff.

IceC

------------------
Have an Ice day :)