• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Iowa update

I fished Brushy breek today, Lots of small bluegills, a few big ones. Lots of ice in the bays. 12 inches or so. Heard the locals talking about the great crappie and walleye bite last week, but i never seen anything,The main part of the lake was still open

Slab Daddy I plan on fishing Brushy Creek Saturday afternoon. We did pretty good on walleye's two years ago . Yours is the first report from there that I have heard. Has anyone else fished there this winter?

Mike, Talked to a guy who fished there on Monday. He caught all crappies. He caught them on the North end. He didnt mention any eyes. But he did say he got off before dark so it musta been an afternoon bite.

New report hot of the presses. The North end is hot right now. Crappies are in about 25 foot of water but suspended. Which is a large portion ot the north end. Marble eyes are also feeding but come and go. The south east side by the island is producing Bluegills still,But crappies move in towards dark.

Well I fished Brushy Creek Saturday. There was 4 of us and I was the only one in my group to catch fish . It was realy slow. We fished the north end. I ended up keeping four Crappies. They were from 10 to 11 1/2" so the size was great but not the quanity.Still I will probably go back this week after work.

I had the same experience as Mike. On Monday, I caught some nice slabs but they were far apart. The people out there were moving all day to find the right spot. I caught plenty of dinks (bluegills) in between the crappie runs. I even caught a few keepers. The crappies were all real nice and fat. The bite slowed since last week. But its still not bad- worth going

Ok, I've got to ask, what is the ice like where you guys are fishing? I read something about open-water, is it a trick to get to fishable ice? Have not been out yet this year, but want to be sure ice is good before I go wandering around.

thanks for the info

Bcon2,Ice by me 8 to 10 inches.Fish 2 ponds by home got some nice blue gills.Got into a bunch of small bass 12 inchers that was fun .All fish caught on green ratfinky the real small one. Might try in morning if not to windy.Does anyone fish lake Darling?If so pease post today.that is abig road trip my house.

I hope you all are having better luck than I am. Bard came up from s.e. Iowa this weekend for some fishing. We fished O'Leary Lake (across from Dubuque) last night from 8:30-12:30. We used minnows and wax worms. Caught an 8 inch crappie in the first few minutes on a minnow. We thought we might be in for some good fishing. WRONG. That was the only fish we caught. Moved around some, but no luck. Fished up at Sny Magill this afternoon. There must have been at least 40 vehicles in the parking lot. It seemed like the biggest concentration of people fishing was at the north end backwater area. We iced a couple decent 'gills right off the bat and once again we were thinking we might get into them. After the first couple we caught size went downhill in a hurry and all we could catch were dinks. We also tried minnows, but had no luck at all. The 'gills came on waxies and teardrops. We moved around, but it was the same thing, dinks. I don't think anyone was doing any better, but maybe some were. If anyone who was there reads this post I would appreciate your response. Good luck.

We fished Otter Creek today for the first time ever. Had 12 inches of ice, Got lucky and drill a couple of hole right over a brush pile. I caught 25 decent size Bluegills. Also had 2 big fish on that broke my line.Only seen 4 other people all day out there. Probably due the the tournament on nearby Union Grove. I'll go back

Fish are biting pretty well on Big Creek still. Catching quite a few good crappie and bluegills on the main lake. Even saw a perch caught (first I have ever seen from my countless hours on that lake). Lots and lots of walleyes biting, but I have yet to catch a keeper...they are all 13" and smaller that I have found. Lots of fun and action if you get on the fish!!!

goody