• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

trying ice today on pond

I just got back from checking ice conditions down here, and it's too thin yet. Got to be patient. But it's hard.
If I was rich I'd head north and fish with the guys in Minnesota, but since I'm herb, I'll stay here for awhile and wait it out.

I got 14 small bluegills about 5 inches long. I am going to a small sandpit in the morning.Try for some crappies.Fish should be bigger.Lake Meyer is froze over will try saturday.Hope the ice is safe good tree under water there. p.s. IT was great to be on ice.

IceJohn, where were you fishing at? I'm in central Iowa and the ice is just starting to reform on the ponds after our devastating couple warm days. I think if the weather holds up like it is the ponds will be ready to fish this upcoming weekend. Let's pray for some really cold weather.

WalleyeNate